Thursday 24 October 2013

Mountain walking in the Pyrenees


What a treat we had today (Wednesday 23rd).  The weather turned out to be lovely and sunny (did I tell you we had rain yesterday?) so we parked the van at the official carpark and went on the 'Tours des Lacs d'Aysous' which took us just under 6 hours.  We took a couple of wrong turnings (!) but got round the walk in the end.  The views were quite fantastic (stunning actually) and we ended up nearly 7000 feet above sea level having started at 4400 feet.  My goodness, what a day!

Then after that we drove just a couple of miles down the road and 'wild camped' in a quiet tree covered spot just of the road by the river (this too was black black black! at night time

I should add that I baked some bread again this morning…..the Frenchies need to start worrying! I'm good!


The mountain on the right is 9500 ft high!





Half way up the mountain there are mixed forests



Ooh. a serious look for a change!




I have the power! I can foon through a mountain!




Last nights night stop





No comments:

Post a Comment